Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Coconut Butter



Coconut butter is an excellent alternative to butter for anyone sensitive or allergic to dairy. It's also just a great way to add more coconut into your life!  I'd heard about coconut butter while reading some blogs and after months and months of thinking about it I decided to give it a try and I'm sold.

Coconut Butter
2 cups dried unsweetened coconut flakes (I used Bob's Red Mill)

Process coconut flakes in a food processor for about 10 minutes. The coconut will break down into mushy little clumps of coconut and eventually turn into a thicker paste consistency. Scoop into a jar and your done. Seriously, its that simple! Store in the fridge and microwave a bit before using (or store it on the counter if you're lazy like me and hope you can finish it before it goes bad). 

Serve on toast, pancakes, vegetables, or anywhere else you would use butter.



No comments:

Post a Comment